Skip to main content

Try Me: Purple @ MidNight








 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nina GIG rocks! I'm headed to your blog.

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I love that purple hue! And I so want your eyebrows! perfect shape! could never get mine right hahah

    #gig

    Donah
    www.sweetjellybean.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Subject of Fashion

Yesterday was an inspiring day for my students and I. We had the opportunity to visit The Jardins of Saga Niamey. It was refreshing to have a change of scenery from the everyday sand, camels, sheep, and goats. The air was fresh and crisp, and there was beautiful foliage as far as the eyes can see. Not a drop of orange sand or any noisy lambs, It was truly beautiful and peaceful all around. You can't imagine what a treat this was for my students and I: In Tampa, Florida, you see trees, plants, open water, and beaches every day. Having been in the garden yesterday made me realize how much I miss home. On a brighter note: I now have a place to go to if I'm ever feeling down or homesick. I will call it, the Lost Gardens of Niger: SAGA Please enjoy the photos! +

Please Excuse me While I EXPRESS MYSELF!!!

I’m very excited to say I had the opportunity to visit a tailor who makes up to date clothes.   Here is the background story. This is my fourth stay in Niger, and being in a different culture is a bit frightening. America and Niger hardly have anything in common, besides the fact that we are all human. Living in a foreign country is not easy, especially meeting new people and trying to form friendships. People have their own opinions about Americans and a lot of the time it’s not good. People base these opinions on the media, American films, our culture, observe and bad experience. I try to appear to be adjusted and as natural in this culture as possible, the message I try to convey is I embrace you. Vivian (a new tailor I mentioned in a previous post) does not let Nigerien culture dictate her own style. Vivian and my gorg French teacher have both inspired me and   my senior. So today when I choose the models I wanted, I broke a lot of rules concerning dress. I didn’t go for