Skip to main content

Try Me : Blue/Gray Smokey

My spin on smoky eyes!

Lower lid, using Marine shawdow by Detrivore, a matte blue with a green tent
Crease, using Carrion shadow by Detrivore, a light gray w/ a shimmer
Brow bone Highlight, using off white w/ white shimmer by Pure Luxe.
Lips, using Trendsetter by ELF
Foundation, using, Time Wise Matte foundation by Mary K #3
Setting powder, using Ben-Nye Translucent face powder in Sienna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try Me: Purple @ MidNight

   
      New Textile / Fabric This fabric was a spur of the moment buy. My boss introduced me to a new tailor and I wanted to test her out. I was in the town and didn’t see the need to return home for the fabric I had there so I decided to buy new fabric. I found it in a boutique in town, one where the fabric is known for its price. You can buy six yards 3pigne for 5000 CFCA translated that’s roughly $10.00 us dollars! The down side of inexpensive fabrics, it’s not printed on both sides, and the fabric shrinks after being washed. Normally to work with this fabric you need to wash it before hand and have the tailor add seams you can cut open for more space. I had this tissu made into a beautiful traditional African set (skirt & matching top) I usually have 2 yds. remaining when using 3 pigne. Most of the women use the remaining tissue to make a scarf or a head peace.   I do not care for the head piece, it’s a bit much for me but to eac...

Off the Subject of Fashion

Yesterday was an inspiring day for my students and I. We had the opportunity to visit The Jardins of Saga Niamey. It was refreshing to have a change of scenery from the everyday sand, camels, sheep, and goats. The air was fresh and crisp, and there was beautiful foliage as far as the eyes can see. Not a drop of orange sand or any noisy lambs, It was truly beautiful and peaceful all around. You can't imagine what a treat this was for my students and I: In Tampa, Florida, you see trees, plants, open water, and beaches every day. Having been in the garden yesterday made me realize how much I miss home. On a brighter note: I now have a place to go to if I'm ever feeling down or homesick. I will call it, the Lost Gardens of Niger: SAGA Please enjoy the photos! +